Monday, February 22, 2016

Chinese Broth


"Worries go down better with soup"
-Jewish Proverb-


I know, I know, all I do lately is post recipes of soups and teas, teas and soups, but it's all my body's been craving these days, cold, rainy, and just kinda depressing really.

So I was feeling creative last sunday night and decided to give a try to this "recipe" my friend Priscilla roughly scribbled down for me when we met a few years ago. So I kinda made it up following her notes and it worked!  I don't want to lose this recipe so here it is. It may not be my favourite chinese soup but it tasted pretty good and is pretty chinese. 


Ingredients: 
  •  2 litres of water.
  • 2 chicken stock cubes.
  • 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
  • 4 teaspoons of rice wine.
  • 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
  • A bunch of parsley.
  • Optional: pasta, shiitake mushrooms and tofu or whatever you want.

  1. So simple! just put the water and chicken stock and then add the parsely finely chopped and the garlic powder.
  2. Once it boils add the rice wine and the soy sauce.
  3. Now add the pasta if you want and mushrooms and finally add the cubes of tofu. 

2 comments:

  1. Sencilla y sabrosa¡. Me gusta.
    Yo le añadí un huevo cocido y shiitake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sí, es cierto, muy sabrosa, y tan fácil y mejor de un día para otro! gracias Alex!

    ReplyDelete