Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Carrot Cake - Tarta de zanahorias

An awesome carrot cake that is so easy and so works!!!!!!!!

I've been meaning to post this one forever but never got to it, but thought, next time I do it, I will post it.

I did it for my birthday and brought it to work and also did another one for my Bible Study. EXITO ROTUNDO, as we, the spanish say.


INGREDIENTS:
-225 grs. of flour.
-2 teaspoons of baking powder.
-2 teaspoons of grounded cinammon.
-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
-250 mls of sunflower oil.
-200 grs. of sugar.
-3 eggs
-4 carrots.
-2 handful or 60 grs. of wallnuts.

And for the icing:
-125 grs of cream cheese.
-75 grs of butter.
-100 grs of sugar.
-1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.

STEPS:
1. Mix eggs and sugar with a hand mixer. Important, not by hand because you need to get a nice emulsion.
2. Now add the oil, little by little and mix with hand mixer. Do it carefully because it can split, like it happens with mayonnaise. I had to throw a whole mix away because of this.
3. Now in another bowl, place the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix them all together.
4. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ones.
5. Now grate the carrots and add and stir, and the same with the walnuts.
6. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and then set it on the medium tray to 175 degrees. Leave it for about an hour in the oven until a toothpick comes out dry.
7. Leave the cake outside and let it cool off before adding the icing. 

8. For the icing, mix the cream cheese, butter and sugar. I cut the sugar of the original recipe in half because it was way too sweet for my taste, but the original recipe says you should do 250 grams. Way too sweet....perhaps for american taste. (YES THIS IS TOTALLY RIGHT!!! I followed the original recipe and it was a disaster with so much sugar)

9. You can also add another layer of frosting in the middle of the cake, to make it more glamourous. And of course, top it off with something fancy and fallish decoration.

I hope you enjoy it. 

Copyright: Paloma de la Rica, your recipes are just amazing from another world and they ALWAYS work...thank youuuuuu you make our lives better.

No comments:

Post a Comment