Monday, December 11, 2017

Bug & Berry Cake

Made this cake for my sister and thought I would post even though I did not make the cake, it is a mix.   I called it my bug berry cake. 

Ingredients:

  • 1  Chocolate Mix Cake. 
  • 1 Chocoloate icing.
  • A small box of gooseberries (grosellas).
  • 2 boxes of raspberries.
  • 1 small of fresh cranberries.
  • ladybugs candies.
  • Marmalade.


Steps:

So I was in a rush for this cake so I had to buy the mix and the chocolate icing. So ....

  1. Step one: Make the cake with the mix cake. 
  2. Put the frosting on top. This frosting really works like glue with the fruit.
  3. Wash the berries and dry them a bit so that they stick to the icing. 
  4. Distribute them evenly, don't just throw them without any order...it has to look varied and the cool thing about this cake it's the many red tones that go from bright red till almost black.
  5. Place the ladybugs or whatever cool candy you have on top.
  6. Stick in on fridge so that it solidifies.
This cake really worked I have to say.....it saved me big time, cause it looked awesome and very elegant and fun, perfect for December. My nephews couldn't stop looking at it and kept looking for the ladybugs. 

Also the combination of rich dark chocolate and acidic fruits really worked, as it balanced it out.   Lastly, try to find reasonable berries because they are expensive. I bought the canadian fresh cranberries in El Corte Inglés (posh supermarket of snobbish Madrid) but the rest I got them in LIDL and was just glad for the extra walk there.




I should probably cook like my hero Julia Child. How cool is that outfit?  



No comments:

Post a Comment